A lovely, if slightly disturbing, thing happened at music practice today. I say slightly disturbing because thats what the implications probably are for all the people who live with me! Unfortunately, when we got to music practice, we found out that our usual drummer had broken his arm (carrying heavy cupboards across the church hall-which is another story-not so good). Then Mum asked me if *I* wanted to play the drums for today and tomorrow in church. I said yes cause drums always look fun, and I'm constantly tapping away with my fingers on whatever surface I can find.
Yes, it was very very fun. I managed to keep the rhythm to the songs we were playing and hit the cymbal at the end of every song. The only thing was, during songs, when people were discussing musical details, I couldn't stop banging the drums unless I put the sticks on the floor where they were safely out of reach. Fun fun fun fun fun. So, I will be playing drums in church tomorrow. Then who knows where it will go from there. Mum says I should learn to play drums, but I have a feeling that after I've been playing for a little while she'll be begging me to stop, or at least to stop practising at home :P
Even now, I'm tapping out some kind of rhythm on the computer desk...but I've been doing that *way* before today...hehehe
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh dear... they've created a monster!
Lol! They have indeed! Be afraid, be very afraid!
I am glad you are having fun, Bella!
yay for bella!!!!!
:DD
Post a Comment