Wednesday, June 27, 2007

That was such a fun birthday dinner last night! Thanks to all who came and made it such a memorable, crazy evening.

My birthday apart from that was not particularly eventful. Lots of reading and crosswords and listening to loud music...all good. My first birthday that I didn't spend at home with my parents, I feel sort of grown up. But not really.

It really was great to have dinner with everyone. I had so much sugar that night, and I've had heaps more today aswell (eating those jellybeans Ali and Tom gave me). The packets of sugar were an interesting source of entertainment for me, Ben and Ali last night. Sugar is good...but I didn't get any where near breaking my record for the most packets eaten in one go. Maybe that's a good thing. Another hilarious moment was when I received a sweet-smelling deodorant from Michelle and Jo Dear, and I sprayed it around Ben's face. Hehe, Manda couldn't stop laughing after that. I also sprayed it around Sean and Shan so they smelled pretty, and also snuck up behind Pete and sprayed his newly shaved head. As a result, Pete said one of the funny quotes of the night...

Pete: You're 22. Grow up!

There were some other interesting conversations, particularly about whether the queen farts in public, and also Shan's pirate impersonations. After everyone left the restaurant and most people went home, Sean and Shan helped me carry all my stuff back to my room, and they stayed at college for a little while. Just imagine those two guys in my room trying on hats and dancing around. Hehe, completely random. Then we played pingpong...fun fun fun. Unfortunately, Shan had to get home early again so they couldn't hang around for too long.

Thankyou all for my lovely presents. I love the hat and the scarf...very nice and matching! And I've already written 4 pages in my pretty journal, all about this magical evening, hehe. The jelly beans are nearly almost gone (also thanks to my sister who came to visit today) and thankyou, Ali and Tom, for the book and the mug. There were some funny messages in the birthday cards aswell. Mum was looking at them today and she wondered what Matt meant when he wrote 'keep being yourself...except when you're around fire'. Then there were the amusing emo references from both Sean and Shan, typically. But the prize for the funniest card absolutely goes to Katie. Mr Box, Mr Chart and the Transport Minister...they were all there, as was Katie's full title. And Stine gave me her present today - Carl Barron and Ross Noble DVDs...hehe, I'm going to be giggling myself stupid tonight!

2 comments:

rainweb said...

also amusing that night:
ben c says something odd

alison: ben, what do you mean?

ben: i don't know! i smell like girl!!(expression of agony on his face)

hehhee.

Eh? said...

Rar at that spray...

Awesome to hear that you had a lovely time :)