Sunday, June 24, 2007

Kate's party was fun fun fun! Naturally, I got excited seeing all the hats...and I tried on most of them through the course of the evening. Some extra-funky hats included Helen's feathery, colourful result of procrastination and Tom's uni-notes hat...and Jenny's hat, and Shan's hat, and Doug's hat, and Ali's hat, and Katherine's hat, and Manda's hat, and...oh, so many hats...so exciting! And Sean looked like an army fisherman, hehe.

If seeing all those hats in such a small space wasn't exciting enough, just as the party started there was a blackout. It started to look like Kate was going to have another murder mystery party after all. Then the candles were brought out onto all the tables...and candles mean fire! Playing with fire is amusing. But I'm not a pyromaniac, really I'm not. The lights came back on throughout the party, but in my opinion that wasn't as fun. At least I could see what I was eating, though. Who would have thought strawberries and cream cheese would be so good?

As usual, craziness was everywhere. Some particular highlights I remember:

* Doug, Sean and Shan's Irish accents while lamenting the lack of pints of Guinness at this party.

* Shan's accents in general (changing depending on what hat he was wearing), and his air guitar...hehe, he's very crazy

* Ben coming dressed as Charlie Chaplin - that was cool, although he looked just slightly overdressed for this party.

*Ali, Katherine and Manda singing while sitting on the kitchen floor.

*The complete crowdedness in the Teahouse...as it was too cold and dark to go outside.

Yay, so I have one more exam on Monday morning and then I'm finished! And I'm looking forward to Tuesday. This will be my first birthday that I don't spend with my parents, so that will be sort of interesting...but I get to see all you guys so it's okay!!! And I see my parents on Wednesday anyway. I think I must go study now...but, I shall leave you with an interesting quote from Stine

'If the throneroom is what I think it is, then Metamucil must be the drink of kings'

1 comment:

Ascasewwen said...

Hooray for blackouts. LOL!