I saw this on Em's blog and I thought it would be a good idea. There are so many things to thank God for...
Things I love:
* God! The fact that He is the most powerful, holy being in the whole universe, and he still loves me and works out so many blessings for me
* Praying to God, bringing to him the huge issues of the world and the trivial little aspects of my own life, and knowing that he is always listening and always answering prayer.
* Reading the Bible and being reminded about God through it
*My mum and dad, because they look after me but also help me grow up, and they nurture my spiritual development and somehow converse with me about my crazy theological issues
* Thy Stiney, who is always crazy and pink
* My animals - my dog, my cat and my two guinea pigs
* All my CU friends - for the craziness and the Spirit-led Christian encouragement, and the fact that most of them are going to be at uni with me for the next 2 years
*CU in general, because of the faithful bible teaching and passion for God, even if sometimes I feel a little too charismatic/pentecostal for it
*My church, which is where I get the charismata from - raising hands, speaking in tongues, multicultural singing, praising God, flags and banners, symbolic prayers,....*and* faithful bible teaching!
* Islander culture, islander time, islander music, islander dancing, islander food, islander clothes, islander people...the fact that the people at church have so readily welcomed a palangi girl into their culture is awesome
*Teaching kids, especially my three tutoring kids who I work with now. They're 11 and 12 year olds and completely different to eachother, but they're all cool
*Staying at uni for another 2 years
*Milo - Em loves tea, I love milo
*Singing praises to God, mostly in the form of traditional hymns both English and Tongan
*Reading because it always amazes me how words on a page can evoke so much
*Flowers - daisies, frangipanis, roses, violets, lilies, jasmine...such a beautiful example of God's creation
*Making paperdolls. A beautiful remnant of my childhood
*Quoting the Simpsons - endless fun
*Good, culturally authentic food
*Cold weather, compared to hot weather(Kate, are you with me?)
*Being 21 but acting 12 most of the time (as was demonstrated at my 21st when I swapped the numbers around)
* Meeting up with old friends you haven't seen for ages and realising you're still as close as you used to be
*Writing my kids stories, and not worrying if they're any good or not
*Enjoying loud, fast, fun pop-punk music without being called a poser
*Playing with my yo-yo even though I can't do any interesting things with it
*Other cultures - whether contemporary or historical
*Rain and the way grass smells after it rains
*Good dragons
*Making lists and realising there is so much to thank God for....
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praise God for all the blessings he sends us (like cold weather! I'm definitely with you on that one!) and praise God for Bella, who is a blessing to those around her.
Post a Comment