Yesterday was a good day. At church we had a guest speaker who was a Messianic Jew and she talked to us about the relationship between Christ and the Passover. So kind of like what Scott was talking about a few weeks ago, but from a Jewish perspective. She actually set up a Passover table at the front of the church, with all the cups and food and stuff, and took us through the tradition, explaining how each part points to Christ. Really interesting stuff and such a good gospel message. Christ is the passover lamb that brings redemption through his blood!
And from Jewish traditions to shellfish and pork, all in one day! I went to Hala's 16th birthday which took the form of a Tongan feast. I love those!! The food was delicious as usual, and Hala looked beautiful in a pale blue lavalava and ta'ovala. And, Joseph who used to be in Australian Idol was there because Hala is his cousin. He sang a few songs and he does have a really good voice. He's so much more suited to intimate performances rather than big Australian Idol things. I talked to him for a little while - he's such a sweetie but really very shy. And I got to see J.J again, who is one year old now and walking around by himself. He's a chubby baby! I think Tongan parties are so fun.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for Tongan feasts- if yours was anything to go by they're awesome!
Yes, they are awesome - is it any wonder why Tongan people are so big?
Post a Comment