Monday, October 09, 2006

Maddy and Mike's engagement party was fun...simply for the fact that there were so many CU-ers there. And I got to see Ali to wish her a happy birthday! Highlights of the night included Ash, Ali and I talking in lithpth, and me announcing to them that they were more immature than the 2 year olds who are still not yet toilet trained. That may be a slight exaggeraton. Anyhoo, acting out emotions was also fun...if anyone is interested, go to emotioneric.com

Speeches were amusing actually, poor Mike got completely picked on. But that is always the spirit of speeches, in Australian culture anyway. Why is that? I liked how instructions were provided for getting food - in case someone didn't know. And good on Mike for being so open with his faith and having a Christian wedding. Although I'm sure his statement that 'he's under no illusion that this marriage will last forever' was misinterpreted when everyone started laughing. Maddy looked beautiful, as usual. I'm sure I would look very silly if I tried to wear some of her clothes, but she always looks lovely in all kinds of crazy clothes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, evil speeches are not part of the Tongan culture...so I got off pretty easy for my 21st