My throat's sore and I'm kind of tired....but, then again, that's normal. Really, if I stayed at home everytime I felt a bit sick, I wouldn't end up doing anything at all. Hehe, I'm a sick little monkey. Even so, my week has been pretty good. Prac teaching is fun, even though the kids are crazy. Particularly in the afternoon, when they're ready to go home, and so am I. A group of kids spent most of the afternoon one day chanting the 'don't chop the dinosaur, daddy! chop it!' ad, much to the annoyance of the teachers and the other kids. Another funny quote I heard: 'I'm the oldest out of all of you. I'm 6 and a half.' Also interesting, if not disturbing: 'I don't want to go on Big Brother cause they film you in the bathroom' which was followed by hysterical giggles by the other kids. Teaching is fun...only 2 more days of my prac left.
Let's see...what else happened this week. No frisbee on Thursday, but much excitement about some psychology surveys that were going around. I didn't actually get one, but it would have been funny to say that I was the most popular person at CU but also frequently felt like I couldn't cope with feeling so alone :( just to screw up the statistics a bit....maybe it's good I didn't get a survey. I have really random little drawings in my EDUC260 lecture notes now, thanks to Ash and Sean. Round the world ping pong is fun. (those two random comments had nothing to do with eachother)
Also, on Thursday at college we had this guy from Nigeria come to talk about the work he does in his village. Stuff like building wells for cleaner water, building hygenic toilets and also preaching the gospel and planting churches. Awesome stuff, and definitely something to pray for.
Hehe, on Friday, after the TEP290 stuff, Ali and I were making lists of Dr Nick quotes:
Dr Nick: If it isn't my old friend Mr McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg
Dr Nick: If you're not sure about something. Rub it against a piece of paper. If the paper turns clear, its your window to weightgain'
Medical board person: You operated using a plastic knife and fork from a seafood restaurant?
Dr Nick: But I wiped them with my napkin'
Medical board person: ...gross misuse of cadavers
Dr Nick: I get here faster if I use the carpool lane..." that one's gross.
Saturday, May 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment