Monday, March 19, 2007
I just finished looking at Em's photos from the murder party. Oh, it looked like so much fun and I really wanted to go. But I really felt God was calling me to stay at youth group and give that gospel talk. And even though it wasn't as fun, I suppose God was glorified through that. I talked about the lost son, and how it's like us and God. We do stupid things and he forgives us when we come back and repent. Stuff like that. In the culture these kids are growing up in, the idea of the son going completely off the rails is sadly a real issue. A few of the kids have family members in jail, and its good for them to know that if they ever have done really bad stuff, God will forgive them. But, I also mentioned that they've made God angry even if they've just had bad thoughts about a person. After I said that, some of the kids said a prayer of confession. And we finished up talking about God's forgiveness. I really pray that these kids come to know God personally, not just going to church because their families do. So, I do think that it was worthwhile being there at youth on Saturday...but it would have been fun to be at the Teahouse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
go bella, you rule the school!
Indeed you do! I am glad that the talk went well. :-)
Post a Comment