Monday, January 22, 2007

Youth group was very excellent today - an impressive start to the year. We combined with another youth group thats also currently lacking in numbers, so we had a decent sized group. And, we are definitely not the only crazy Christian group around, I found out today :P There was also a pretty good number of our youth kids there aswell...hopefully we can improve that even more throughout the year, as there were some that weren't there. Got to keep praying, and praying hard!

If this is what youth is going to be like this year, I think it will be amazing. The way its going to run is this: firstly we're going to have a prayer and worship time, then afternoon tea, and then bible study groups. The worship was awesome, I've never worshipped like that with other people, only in front of God in my own room. Basically, in the church, we put on fun worship music, with words to remind us how great God is, and we danced, or waved flags around, or just sat in God's presence. It's about being before the Lord, worshipping him and praising him and experiencing his presence. I know some people go on about how we can't rely on our experiences, and, yes, you don't want your experiences to overtake and contradict what you know from the Bible. But....actually experiencing God's presence in your heart is really really really important! God didn't just do something amazing 2000 years ago (which he did, by the way!), he is also in a real, living relationship with people who trust in him right now! Experience is GOOD, and so are emotions....just don't let them contradict the bible :) And I don't think that the way we worshipped was really theologically different to CU, just a different style. It'd be sweet if we could do that at CU though....maybe :P

It is so encouraging to see young people joyfully praising God. Otua ko koe koe ofa! (and, because we're supposed to have a translation - GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!) Ah, I'm in a bit of a silly mood, hehehe, but its all the joy of God!

No comments: