I am completely sunburnt after my Australia day expedition to the beach! I only ever get sunburnt once a year, on Australia day...cause thats the only time I spend all day at the beach. We were at Cronulla Bay, which was really pretty and not-crowded, as I'm sure the actual Cronulla beach would have been. The water was shallow and there were no waves, so there was plenty of opportunity for walking around with Stiney and Hala in the water, talking and laughing and other such fun stuff. And the little kids had their crazy fun splashing in the water, playing beach cricket and climbing on boats that didn't belong to them :P One amusing incident: Paea was batting in their game of cricket, and for some reason, instead of hitting the ball, he flung the bat right into the middle of someone elses picnic.
For some unknown reason, there was not as much Tongan food as there usually is at picnics like this. Just the barbeque meat, the potato salad, taro and watermelon. No siope sui or seafood salad :( Still, the food was very good and there is lots of watermelon left over. And Tefa brought her ukulele, for some sweet islander-style music, even though the songs were mostly in English so I could join in :P I am so looking forward to going to Tonga....as soon as another church family say they're going, I'm coming along with them - I've still got my Tonga money. I shouldn't have to wait too long, at least one family goes every year!
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe you should have gotten one of those hats the size of NSW! :-D
Ah, I love my massive sun beating hat.
Post a Comment