Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yesterday I saw Abi, a friend from school who I haven't seen for ages. She's studying medicine in NZ and she goes back Friday. She's got another 4 years to go...and I thought I was going to be at uni for a long time!

Anyway, Stiney, Abi and I went to Parramatta Westfield and much craziness followed. I love having friends who are not afraid to make idiots of themselves in public places. First we looked in Myer, at the little kids clothes which are all either skanky replicas of women's clothes or marshmallow-like dresses made out of white tulle and satin. Those dresses looked like wedding dresses, so for some reason we suggested that Stiney was getting married and was going to wear that dress. After giggling at some very 80s fashion, we headed off to Toys R Us and found some more things for Stiney's wedding eg. her shoes, her wedding castle, the pirate ship where she will have her reception, and of course her groom - Superman! After that, any time Stiney saw someone wearing a Superman t-shirt (we saw 4 people) she cracked up laughing.

Lunch was particularly interesting. Once we'd finished eating, we acted out random stories involving Superman and Stiney using straws, spoons, napkins, etc. We also made Abi say 'chips'...and she can still say it correctly, even though she's been in New Zealand for 4 years.

No comments: