It is amazing how people can bond over shared problems. I realised I am going to struggle financially this term with college fees. I was talking to Mum about that, and felt pretty annoyed at Centrelink. Then I went to the common room, and found someone who was having equally annoying financial problems. We talked about all our financial problems and managed to have a decent conversation. Hmmm...it's interesting how that works out. This is a cool part of semester at college, when I'm still meeting all the new people.
Hanging around with friends is awesome fun, and the main reason why uni is so enjoyable. I guess everyone has heard the exciting news of the week, about Sean and Fiona. Aaaww, they're so sweet. They're both such good friends to me, so it's lovely to see them together. I'm really happy for them, but I'm kind of now thinking again that I want a boyfriend, and eventually a husband. I know that my comfort and strength is found in the Lord, and I tell myself that. The fact that I'm twenty-two and have never had a boyfriend, I'm pretty okay with that mostly but sometimes I really wish that I had someone that I could eventually marry. But I am so blessed with friends, both girls and guys, so I am thankful to God for that.
Hehe, today Roxi, Manda, Katie and I accompanied Chris to the Mac centre to buy sunglasses. Chris shared his philosophy on what to look for when purchasing items: Cheap and goodlooking.
Then we wondered if that translated over into other aspects, such as choosing a marriage partner. In the end, Chris got some sunglasses that were both cheap and goodlooking, so the shopping outing was a success.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And to think I turned down that shopping expedition in favour of small group. How was I to know what I'd be missing? *dry chuckles*
Post a Comment