Friday, April 06, 2007

Yesterday I was feeling stressed and sick. I had a sore throat and a headache, and wasn't feeling particularly hungry either. To add to all that, I was still slightly worried about how I'm going to pay my college fees - I'm really behind in paying them, but I'm working at trusting in God that he has it all worked out. Then, if that wasn't enough, for a little while it seemed as if the assignment that was due on that day wasn't going to print *so I had a minor little stress attack* but it all worked out and I handed that assignment in, along with another one. After I handed those assignments in, I felt mentally exhausted, and physically dodgy, so I didn't talk much at all during small group. Still, even though I felt like that, hearing Scott's talk about the resurrection was awesome. God is awesome, and I really did feel like the weary and heavy laden in that verse, and I came to Jesus for rest :)

Much thanks must go to my lovely friends who made me feel better yesterday: Ali, Em, Ash, Sean, Shan, Michelle and especially Holly. I wasn't feeling as bad by the end of the CU frisbee hour, except then I had to go to the EDUC260 lecture. Hehe, the guy who's doing the rest of the lectures for that subject is a nice enough guy but he talks *really* slowly and he waffles about I don't even know what...so I don't pay much attention. To cope with our boredom, Ash drew a pretty picture on my hand. On each of my fingers, she drew animal print patterns. And on my hand she drew some cartoon animals, representing the CU people sitting in that very lecture. I was a hippo, Sean was a giraffe, Ash was a monkey and our dear friend Pete was a pebble. Hehe, that was her idea! Unfortunately, the picture has washed off, but I took a photo so the memory is preserved forever.

Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services at Trinity chapel have been an awesome opportunity to come before God and worship him and thank him for what he has done in Christ. And there have been some great songs to sing: Rock of Ages, Amazing Grace, When I Survey, My Song is Love Unknown, The Servant King...and it goes on.

Another thing to praise God for - Ali, you are a lovely Nana but my real Nana is also very lovely. She gave me and my sister $100 each to buy new clothes for winter. that's awesome, cause on my own, I'm just struggling to pay for accomodation, let alone get new winter clothes which I kind of do need. So that was such a blessing...and me and Stiney are going clothes shopping together :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!! That lecture sounds amusing, at any rate!

Yay for Nanas and Grannies and Grans and whatever else you have in the way for grandmothers and Alisons!