It was my cousin Libby's wedding today...and I'm very tired now even though it was a lovely day. The wedding was out Wilberforce cause that's where Jon's family is from, and then the reception was in North Rocks, meaning a *lot* of driving today. It was great to see all my family. Pretty much everyone was there, even my aunty and uncle who are now living in Singapore. I think they fly back tomorrow. Libby's dress was absolutely beautiful: a white dress with a beaded bodice, it was strapless and fitted and then the skirt part flowed out with a long train. Hmmm, describing dresses is fun. The bridesmaids dresses were pale green and apparently made by one of the bridesmaids. The funny thing is, this time last year my other cousin was getting married. Actually, it's her wedding anniversary tomorrow.
I sat with my cousins for the reception, and my dad, aunties and uncles were at the table next to us. It felt like sitting at the 'kids table' again. While sitting and talking with my cousins, I was reminded that my craziness is definitely genetic - throughout the day people were throwing lollies into other peoples drinks, swapping empty lolly packets for full ones, and other such amusing things. The chicken that was served for lunch came with a very interesting sauce. Stiney got a nice gravy with her lamb, but I had the chicken :P
Other fun things I have done this week include going to Shellharbour for a little daytrip with some church people, and going to Koorong and seeing Jo Dear there unexpectedly. And I've been reading a lot and watching a lot of TV, as you do in the holidays.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment