Friday, September 22, 2006

Prac is finished! And I didn't pass. That kind of sucks but it's actually okay, because I really don't want to do childcare anyway. Em, I don't want to discourage you, cause I really admire people working in childcare, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Not as a full time job, anyway. I can't imagine myself being a childcare room leader, which is probably what I would have to be.

There actually were some good parts of the prac. The children were lovely - most of the time - and I learned a lot about two year olds. Which will be good if I ever have my own kids. And I developed good relationships with some of the staff. It was kind of sad saying goodbye to the staff who had been really supportive to me, and they seemed very shocked that I failed. Also, over this last week, I've been able to share my faith a little bit with Ainsley, a non-Christian girl who works there. She doesn't really seem interested in Christianity for herself at the moment, but she was respectful of my faith and was open to hearing about it. So pray that something good will come out of that, and pray for Anita, the Christian woman working there. Even though I didn't technically pass the course requirements, I learned a lot about being a Christain in the workplace, and about perserverance (see, I didn't even need to go to women's day).

This has actually made me think more seriously about transferring to primary education, which I've been thinking about for ages but never really had a valid enough reason. If I continue with early childhood, I'd be finishing the course halfway through 2008 - not halfway through next year- , so I might aswell work towards a primary degree during that time. And, I found out that there's actually a bachelor of arts in early childhood, which I've already met the credit point requirements for - so if I can somehow work out that, my years of ech study won't go to waste. But that won't qualify me to teach, so I will have to do primary ed. aswell. So...I'm going to be at uni for a lot longer yet. I don't completely know all the details yet, but I'm looking into it.

I don't think it's a coincidence that my kindergarten prac was the only one with no complications or concerns. I think God is speaking to me through this. I actually can imagine myself as a primary school teacher.

One thing, if you can tell me...how exactly does the primary degree work? I know a little bit but I'd really like to find out more detail

God is good, and works all things for good for those who love him.

3 comments:

rainweb said...

oh bella, i'm sorry it didn't work out but i'm really glad that you have a new goal, and one that you want to do!!!
i really should know about the details of a DipEd, but i do know that you can whack a year on the end of any other degree and do a diped then. thats what grace is doing.
power to you honey. we believe you can do great things.

Ascasewwen said...

Glad you survived prac and that it was rewarding for you even if you didn't pass.

Yay for having you around uni for a while yet!

God is awesome and he's got it all planned out for you, and as you say, he wants the best thing for you. (yay for Rom 8:28!! One of my favourite verses.)

I'll see you on Monday for what will no doubt be some good old CU hilarity. :o)

Eh? said...

No worries Bella :) Still good, still good :)

Not just that you have a new pran (It's not a typo), and not just that God wants you there, but you realise how much God is working in your life.

That is definitely praise to the Lord :) Keep it up Bella :)