I gave my book to Amy, the year 6 girl I tutor, so she can have a read. I've never had kids read it before. Since it's supposed to be a kids book, I thought that would be a good idea. From the few pages she's read so far, she thinks its good. But, I have a feeling that could be just because its 150 pages long (which isn't that long, but for kids it seems like an epic achievement). I'll probably get another 'Oh, it's so good' response, but, really, that's all I want at the moment!
Speaking of writing, Dad suggested I need a nom-de-plume. He initially suggested Bree Timmins, which made me giggle. So then I suggested that I needed a cool sea-creature name, like Stingray but something different. After a few suggestions, I ended up with the name Calamari Timmins (not that I will ever use it really, but it's always there if I need it!) I like calamari, and it's slightly more exotic sounding than Squid.
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I also like calamari...what's a non-de-plume? or whatever?
A pen name/alias/name that you put on your writing etc.
I've got one of those but I don't use it for my stories, it has other uses. *looks mysterious* ;o)
ahhhh, like Jane Reynolds...never mind. Why are we having a conversation on Bella's Blog?
Hi Bella!
Well people have conversations on my blog.
Hi Bella :o)
OH, I PREFER SQUID!:D
actually, in truth calamari tastes nicer...crumbed...mmmmmmm, crumbed.
yay myc -ali
hehe, you should read over the post and all the comments. It's quite amusing.
Post a Comment