Sunday, July 30, 2006

On a more serious note, the teaching was amazing. Hearing about how holy God is, how he is holier than we could ever imagine and that he really does deserve our fear and trembling. But also, how he is a God of love who chose to dwell with us, and sacrificed his son Jesus Christ so we could be in relationship with him. Completely amazing stuff. It's also very challenging, thinking how holy God is and how *unholy* we are. Something that really stuck out for me was the idea of holiness not being just our actions, but coming from our inner motives. I think that makes it a lot harder. I am so thankful that Jesus is working within me, cause without him I could never be holy enough for God.

Through the teaching and especially through the songs and the worship, I fell completely in love with God again. I'm praying that God keeps me this inspired by him throughout the whole semester. I love singing, I got to sing at camp which was great. And I was very excited by how everyone is now thinking about social justice. I really think God is going to do great things through CU in regards to social justice.

Hey, on a completely unrelated note - I am learning Tongan! Ko Pela au

No comments: