lol, I probably fit one of those descriptions, just not sure which one.
I only remember one of the supervisors from mine- he had long hair and had a skull tshirt. I constantly marvelled at my school letting him in the gate let alone choosing to employ him.
I was supervising at my mother's school. Found out today I'm doing it for the school's certificate too. Woo, money.
Set up the room beforehand, make sure they're not cheating, give them spare answer booklets if they need it, walk them to the toilet and back if someone needs to go, deal with any problems like if they answer a question in the wrong book, check they've filled out their blue slip and anything else that needs filling out, and collect and package the papers according to the BOS instructions for how to collect that exam, fill out the paperwork about how many answer booklets each kid had for each question.
The collecting is the worst, because you have to do it in a specific order and with some, like maths, we had to collect all twelve questions separately, then do the paperwork where for each question we had to write down the number of answer booklets each kid used.
That doesn't sound fun :( Sounds really boring actually and you have to stand there for like 4 hours at least because of all the set up time/collecting time as well...
Wow that's just so boring hahaha. Sorry Katus lol hehehe
Yep, four and a half hours. lol But I'd much rather be just a supervisor than the presiding officer. The amount of paperwork they have to deal with is unbelievable.
Pity the people who do the special provisions supervising when the kid gets extra time.
On the upside though, we can nip out and get a tea or coffee to keep us awake, because our wonderful presiding officer has set up tea, coffee and biscuits in the room next door to the exam room.
9 comments:
Woohoo! Or commiserations, depending on how you feel at this point. lol
Oh, it's definitely Woohoo!
lol Yes, I thought it might be. Especially in this weather- both extremes of it!
I was at the other end of the education system today- supervising an HSC exam. Air conditioning is a wonderful invention.
Where were you supervising? I remember most of the supervisors for my HSC exams were crabby old ladies!
lol, I probably fit one of those descriptions, just not sure which one.
I only remember one of the supervisors from mine- he had long hair and had a skull tshirt. I constantly marvelled at my school letting him in the gate let alone choosing to employ him.
I was supervising at my mother's school. Found out today I'm doing it for the school's certificate too. Woo, money.
Yaaaaaaaaay hehehe what are you supposed to do there anyways? Just make sure they're not cheating?
Set up the room beforehand, make sure they're not cheating, give them spare answer booklets if they need it, walk them to the toilet and back if someone needs to go, deal with any problems like if they answer a question in the wrong book, check they've filled out their blue slip and anything else that needs filling out, and collect and package the papers according to the BOS instructions for how to collect that exam, fill out the paperwork about how many answer booklets each kid had for each question.
The collecting is the worst, because you have to do it in a specific order and with some, like maths, we had to collect all twelve questions separately, then do the paperwork where for each question we had to write down the number of answer booklets each kid used.
That doesn't sound fun :( Sounds really boring actually and you have to stand there for like 4 hours at least because of all the set up time/collecting time as well...
Wow that's just so boring hahaha. Sorry Katus lol hehehe
Yep, four and a half hours. lol But I'd much rather be just a supervisor than the presiding officer. The amount of paperwork they have to deal with is unbelievable.
Pity the people who do the special provisions supervising when the kid gets extra time.
On the upside though, we can nip out and get a tea or coffee to keep us awake, because our wonderful presiding officer has set up tea, coffee and biscuits in the room next door to the exam room.
Post a Comment