Hey, I'm finally home after the madness and beauty that was NTE. It seems really quiet at home, although Daisy is over excited at the moment. How can I possibly write down everything that happened? I'm sure over all of our posts, we will cover most things. I didn't write anything down at NTE, so I am relying solely on my memory. Even against Kate's warning of losing momen-en-te-nen-ten-um, I will post in two parts, to cover two very different aspects of NTE. First, the crazy, socialising...wait a minute, this is just as crazy at home. Stiney is talking to me about spelling bra with two i's...bra-ii!!!! Don't ask. Back to NTE.
Some notable moments..the ones I can remember anyway
*Ash's van...sitting in the back seat with no suspension and going over speed humps. Awesome
* Doug's 'wafer? wafer?'. I don't know if I'll ever eat a wafer again, just for the principle of it.
* The girls photography outing to the lake
* 'Macquarie, the Innovative University! Whoop whoop whoop whoop whoop!'
* Not quite as good a catchcry....'Fenner fenner fenner, funner funner funner...then I have no idea what came next'
* Frozen custard
* Everyone trying on my hats eg. Jono, Robbo, Sean, Jasmin, Kath...I hope no one has headlice!
*Walking to Rydges....and then hundreds of crazy, dusty uni students walking into Rydges with people in suits looking at us
*All that singing! Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun
* Kate, me, Nat and Jarryd getting back in the same strand group again
* Playing with trolleys in the Fenner dining hall with Shan and Sean (their names sound the same...heehee)
*Later on, looking at Doug riding in a trolley and realising there is a big difference between being pushed down a corridor in a dining hall and being pushed down a hill onto a road.
*Getting to Blacktown, and being asked if play time was all organised...yes, the look on Matt's and my face must have been priceless
*The kids ministry team...what more can I say. Good idea putting the most immature people on mission in a team together. Kath's crazy dances, Sean riding around like a horse, Ali and Bec teaching me the sheep song, which inevitably lead to....
* THE SHEEP OPERA!!!!!!!!
*Kate and I getting giggly for some reason, and acting out 'Galoomph went the little green frog' with a toy frog at our billet Rachel's house, while she was on the phone
*Then having lovely dinner table conversation about heart shaped scabs and kitchen burns (mine, of course)
*Being with the eastern suburbs people eg Tharma, as they realised how some people live out in the west
* Ali and Bec being 6 years old, and me being 4 and a half. I start big school next year
*Ajo thinking Pier's mum was cute...and Mike laughing during the prayers because of that
*Fondue! Strawberries and raspberries and blueberries and banana, all dipped in chocolate
There's probably a lot more...but I can't think of any at the moment. And today I get to put the Christmas tree up!!
Monday, December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
lol I see our resident early riser is at it again. Still trying to work out how I was up before you each morning though.
That's cause I was doing more organised activities than you, maybe
Yeah but that aside, you were in the lounge room so I don't know how you weren't woken up by Rachel and I making noise.
Maybe all that map reading tired you out. They say NTE teaches you new skills :-P You deserve a medal for putting up with me. hehe
And *swoosh* down the toilet bowl
But we're not encouraging kids to think like that!
No the medal was for the fact that she survived my chauffering and my map reading lessons, which generally took place in a decent amount of traffic about 10m before an intersection and me screeching 'BELLA, WHICH WAY DO I NEED TO TURN UP HERE AND NO I DON'T KNOW WHAT ROAD THIS IS!!!'
Nah, she had fun, I kept her on her toes. Driving with me on mission is an experience. Especially in a convoy of Robbo, Nelson and I. lol!!
You mean the convoy of just you and Nelson? :P
And why were you posting at 3 in the morning?
Well it did start as a convoy of three, only it became a convoy of two after the convoy leader took off and left us behind!! lol!! A note to all readers: never put Robbo as the lead car!
And I wasn't. Bella's blog is in a different time zone to everyone else's. Have you not noticed this before? I am posting this comment at 9:33pm.
Post a Comment