I visited the long daycare centre where I'm doing prac this semester...and I do think it's going to be very challenging. As a teacher and as a Christian. I couldn't work out specifically what it was, but there was something not so good about the centre. The kids didn't seem to be having that much fun, and the teachers seemed to spend most of their time telling kids not to do stuff. Aesthetically, the room was sort of boring. But maybe that means I'll be able to make it pretty. I think for this prac, I'll really have to rely on God, especially in the way I relate to the staff.
I think it comes down to the fact that I don't want to be a childcare worker. I can imagine myself as a primary teacher, I'm looking forward to that. But I can't imagine myself working in a long daycare centre fulltime. This prac is just something I have to finish so I can later get my degree.
Still, the day wasn't all bad. One of the kids came up with a quote about me that I really like. She asked me how I got to the centre today, and I said my mum drove me. So she said:
'So you're sort of a kid and sort of a teacher.'
That sums me up *so* well - I love that!
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hehe. kids are so cool. Yeah I guess sometimes God puts you into a situation that you find difficult to deal with. I guess that's partly the point of being in those situations, like If you were impatient, God would put you with someone annoying to teach you patience. (or something along those lines)
Well, I wish you the best of luck, and will pray for you...
Kids are sooooo cool :) But so much trouble at the same time aii...
It's always something that we're all challenged with - What happens to us as we live in the workplace? We won't have stuff like CU to help us through the tough times.
It's something that we, as the Salt and Light of the world, need to be ready for and be counter-cultural in how we live our lives.
I also wish u the best of luck and will pray for you :)
So right Matt. I'm kinda fearfull of what will happen to me when I leave Uni. I really rely on My Brothers and Sisters to get me through the hard times. I guess I will have to start relying on God in a more full way. He gives us friends for encouragement, but he also takes them away for a challenge.
Post a Comment